- Why is it important for making a child study above the school grade level?
- In Kumon, students can perform up to 100% of their potential. We acknowledge the child’s individual ability and needs because in reality, children do not progress as a group and learn at the same pace.
Study load and pace are all suited to each child. Kumon hones self-learning skills as it allows the child’s individual needs and abilities to govern his or her own progress. Mastery of the topic is ensured before moving on to a new one, enabling the child to tackle challenges with confidence. This further boosts the child’s ability and desire to study materials ahead of his or her grade level. Studying beyond school grade level not only benefits students academically but also helps them to develop important qualities such as confidence and self-esteem. The correlation between social maturity and study beyond school grade level is considered one of the most significant benefits of the Kumon Method.
- Q:What is the right age to start Kumon?
- Q:What will my child do in Kumon?
- Q:Since Kumon is an individualised study programme, does it mean that my child would have an Instructor with him or her all the time?
- Q:If you don’t teach how will my child learn?
- Q:What is the difference between Kumon and tuition?
- Q:Will my child get confused between the Kumon Method and school method?
- Q:Do you help children to speak English or what is the aim of the English Programme?
- Q:Why is it important for making a child study above the school grade level?
- Q:Do you provide any compensatory classes if my child misses a Centre day?
- Q:What is the duration of the Kumon Programme?